CFR works closely with institutional leadership to support the creation and execution of corporate and foundation strategies for the Schools and interdisciplinary initiatives.
In our partnership building efforts with foundations, CFR works to understand each foundation’s mission and programs, recognizing the importance of identifying a good match between the foundation’s interests and Wake Forest’s programs and projects. CFR development officers serve as liaisons between foundation representatives and Wake Forest leadership, faculty members, and program directors.
With corporations, CFR can assist in matching a company’s business interests to the university’s programs, initiatives, and talent. We can help to facilitate conversations between university personnel and the company, and also help a company navigate Wake Forest University.
CFR is a highly collaborative endeavor, requiring robust partnerships with fundraising colleagues, faculty, and academic administrators. We work with many other offices across campus including: the Office of the Provost, Employer Relations, Financial & Accounting Services, Office of Research & Sponsored Programs, Institutional Research, and Financial Aid, to name but a few.
Core areas of service and expertise include:
- Proposal and budget development
- Developing strategies for corporate and foundation engagement
- Planning and supporting corporate and foundation-related travel for the President, Provost, and Deans
- Planning and hosting corporate and foundation campus site visits
- Briefing the President, Provost, Deans, and others for corporate and foundation communication and engagement
- Customized stewardship reporting (often in collaboration with Donor Experience and Communications and External Relations)
- Prospect research and management (often in collaboration with Constituent Management & Research)